I’m Sam and I’m a property entrepreneur.
I started this property blog after being in Stylist magazine for a feature of “Work/Life”. After the feature I was inundated with people wanting to know more about my everyday life as a property investor so this blog is my everyday life about me and property!
I buy a lot of property at auction – so if you’ve ever thought about buying property under the hammer I can share some good stories with you – and some helpful tips on what to watch out for!
I am a NLA award winning landlord – so if you’re already a landlord, or thinking about being a landlord I hope my landlord stories will help your buy to let business.
I also founded and was director of Gorgeous Homes,a successful property lettings and management business which I sold in November 2012.
I love writing my blog and I am very proud to have won the Prime Location Award for Best Blog Post – and also to have been in The Telegraph Top 10 Property & Homes Blogs.
I also REALLY love hearing from people who read my blog and for you to share your stories with me – I promise I won’t publish the details if you don’t want me to
If you like online forums – I run an active group “Landlord Network” on LinkedIn which has with thousands of members http://tinyurl.com/b7l786n but we always welcome more
Get involved, share your opinions and experiences – I really do love to hear from you.
About me (This is meant to be the inspirational property bit!)
- I effectively “retired” from having a “proper” job aged 29
- I did the rat race career stuff for a total of 3 years. I had a great job in marketing, but was desperate to be “master of my own destiny” so I quit.
- I started in property in October 2004 with £15k in my pocket.
- My first property buy was an auction property in Cambridge – a 2 bed flat bought for £88k.
- I now own a lot of property all over the UK and started my own property lettings and management agency in 2007 which I successfully sold in 2012.
- The property world is not as easy as the TV programmes make out – but with hard work & dedication – you can make property work for you!